Thou art consecrated (reserved) to me according to the law of Moses and of Israel.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 says, Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before Almighty God: for Almighty God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
The vows we make are binding except for some situations. For example, if the bride was found to be guilty of lying with another man, willingly, this would be considered adultery because they had already taken the vow. He could legally put her away (divorce).
- Betrothal is to make a pledge and engagement.
- During betrothal it is a time of preparation.
- It is not a time of deciding if you want to marry someone because you have already committed to it.
- The betrothed male’s intentions should not be casual or temporary but very formal and permanent. No more running to ask someone else when he has to make a decision concerning their family.
- The betrothed female must acknowledge that she is no longer single. She is expected to submit to her husband to be, work with him and encourage him.
It is good to have a plan but always seek HIM (Almighty God) for advice about every move before you make it. Respect one another differences and learn from them.
To Be Continued....